Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Głogów

I've decided to write about the place where I spent the most beautiful period of my life. Głogów is one of the oldest towns in Poland. It is located in the South - West of our country. The town is the most famous for it's copper mines. Głogów became a tourists destination not only because of its' interesting history and beautiful landmarks, but also for its' cultural events, for example International Głogów Jazz meetings. There are many places which I enjoy visiting, but if I had to choose top three, it would be definately: the Old Town, the Castle of the Dukes of Głogów and the pink bridge :)I've chosen the Old Town, because I spent a lot of time with my friends there, visiting some pubs and clubs.In the Castle of the Dukes of Głogów there is a great museum which has really interesting exhibitions. And my last choice :) In my opinion, this bridge is one of the symbols of Głogów. Besides, I always loved to observe Odra river when I was standing on this bridge. Unfortunately, my parents have removed from Głogów a year ago, but this town will always have a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment